Добре дошли в българския BLUE форум!

ИндексPortalВъпроси/ОтговориТърсенеРегистрирайте сеПотребителиПотребителски групиВход

Share | 

MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl

Предишната тема Следващата тема Go down 
АвторСъобщение
Admin
admin
admin

Female
Брой мнения : 427
Job/hobbies : music
Registration date : 16.02.2008

ПисанеЗаглавие: MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl   Чет Апр 03, 2008 11:19 am

Former Blue singer Duncan James is determined to prove to his daughter, Tianie, that he will never follow in his own dad's footsteps

Bouncing my gorgeous little girl up and down on my lap, I gazed straight into her big blue eyes and sang Happy Birthday. She burst into giggles and I realised how lucky I was. 'Happy Birtday, gorgeous,' I whispered.
My three-year-old daughter, Tianie Finn, is a daddy's girl, that's for sure. She's gorgeous, happy and bright- I can't imagine ever being without her.
From the moment Teeny, as we call her, was born, there was never a doubt in my mind that she was going to be the most important person in my life. Her mum, Claire, and I dated years ago, but stayed friends after we split. Tianie was conceived one night after a party. Claire and I didn't get back together, but there was never any question that this baby was totally wanted by both of us.
The important thing for me when I found out I was going to be a dad, was to be there for my baby. My own father, Simon, walked out on my mum before I was even born, and there wasno way I could do that to my child.
I have no contact with my dad. A year before Tianie was born, a newspaper found him and asked me if I'd like to meet him. I was really excited. It was hard explaining to my mum why I wanted to see him but, after 25 years, I thought it might be time to meet.
It never happened. We spoke on the phone, and the next day, I opened the paper and found everything I'd said and all he knew about our family there. He'd sold his story for money.
That really hurt. And it's still tough to deal with. I just wanted to meet him and he couldn't even do that for me, after all those years.
He's never shown any interest in me since-apart from trying to get cash to feed his drink habit( Roscoe has been arrested and charged with drink-driving twice). I want nothing to do with him now. He had his chance.
In a funny way, it made me even more determined to be there for my own daughter, Tianie lives with Claire in Manchester, but I go and stay as much as I can.
I take her down to Devon, too, where I grew up with Mum in my grandparents' house. Mum was only 22 when she had me. She was a nurse and always working. She was a strict Catholic, too, so I had to go to church every week.
Nothing ever really happened in Devon. It was a bit boring. Our nearest neighbour lived a mile away and the biggest news would be if someone died in the village. Life was very normal.
Because I was an only child, I used to have to entertain myself. When I was about 13, I developed an obsession with the number five, and had to do everything five times. It was so frustrating. I'd have to shut the door five times, and switch the light on and off five times. I even said my prayers five times, and if I made a mistake, I'd have to start them all over again.
Looking back now, I think I probably had some form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, but it disappeared naturally by the time I was 17.
I'd always had a dream of coming to London and joining a band, so that's what I did. It was at an audition that I met Rita Simons. She now stars as Roxie Mitchell in EastEnders. We were in a band together for two years.
I met Zach the same way. He and I went on to start a band called V5. It was diabolical, but it was a learning curve. We split up after a few months. One of the other members, Luke, died shortly afterwards. He overdosed on drugs. It was really hard on Zach. He was his best friend.

SINGING THE BLUES

After that, I saw an ad for an audition for a boy band in the paper, and that's how Blue began. We were together for four years before we split.
Will Blue reform? The answer at the moment is no, never. It was fun to start with. I was catapulted to fame and I had money for the first time in my life. But touring was exhausting. And almost every week, some girl would have sold a kiss-and-tell story about me to the press.
If I wanted to pop to the shops, I'd put on a baseball hat and cover my face. And I'd keep my eyes to the ground because the thought of anyone shouting 'Duncan'! would freak me out.
I'm not dating anybody. I'm not ready to bring someone else into Tianie's life righ now, and I don't want to do that to Claire, either.
Besides, I'm not ready for a serious relationship.My little girl comes first and, apart from work-the National Lottery and my new Capital Radio show-life revolves around her.
Tianie is my biggest fan. She watches me on TV every Saturday night when I present the Lottery draw. She's proud of me and tells everyone in the room:'That's my daddy,' and strokes the TV.
I would like more kids so Tianie can have a brother or sister, but not yet. I'm only 29, and I'll know when the time is right.

Female
Брой мнения : 196
Job/hobbies : Студентка/музика и филми
Registration date : 02.02.2009

ПисанеЗаглавие: Re: MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl   Пет Фев 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Много готино. Като изповед е. :)
Върнете се в началото Go down
Вижте профила на потребителя http://www.myspace.com/iv4etooo
stasincety

Female
Брой мнения : 52
Registration date : 25.05.2009

ПисанеЗаглавие: Re: MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl   Чет Май 28, 2009 10:37 am

Оле незнаех че има дъшеря Shocked Laughing
Вижте профила на потребителя
Sponsored content

ПисанеЗаглавие: Re: MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl   

MY DAD'S A DRUNK- I'd never do that to my little girl
Предишната тема Следващата тема Върнете се в началото 
Страница 1 от 1